2022 AirBnB GEUST BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. A deposit of 50% is payable within 48 hours to confirm your booking. No booking is guaranteed until this payment is received, and LCE Terms & Conditions are signed. Please email proof of payment to email@example.com If your payment is not received within 48 hours, your booking will be cancelled.
The breakage deposit of one night's rental will be refunded within 7-10 working days of your departure, and if a damage claim arises from your stay then we will endeavour to have it resolved as soon as possible and for your remaining deposit to be refunded within 14 working days. The Guest will be liable for all costs associated with reinstating the home to the original condition and any costs associated with the recovery of such additional monies.
Accidents happen, so please report any breakages or damage to Luxury Coastal Escapes either via the Breakage Form link at the end of your stay or via firstname.lastname@example.org
If anything is broken, this should be replaced ‘like for like’ by the Guest to ensure a full refund of the breakage deposit.
2. The premises are privately owned. In the unlikely event that the property becomes unavailable for any reason (including the possibility of the homeowner contracting Covid-19), we reserve the right to substitute the property for a suitable alternative or to refund your rental to you in full, Luxury Coastal Escapes will not take responsibility for any situations that we cannot control.
3. No rental refunds will be made in the event that the property is vacated earlier than the period you have booked for.
4. Payment Refund and/or Booking Cancellation Conditions:
4.1) 20% of your initial deposit is non-refundable and will be lost if the booking is cancelled at any point after payment has been received.
4.2. If you cancel in writing between 60 and 40 days before your holiday commences you will lose 80% of your total holiday booking cost. Your breakages deposit will be refunded in full immediately
4.3) If you cancel in writing between 40 and 30 days before your holiday commences you will lose 90% of your total holiday booking cost. Your breakages deposit will be refunded in full immediately
4.4) If you cancel in writing between 30 and 0 days of your holiday commencing, you will lose 100% of your total holiday booking cost. Your breakages deposit will be refunded in full immediately
4.5) Covid-19 | Travel Ban | To avoid any loss of rental funds, LCE will now allow up to 2 date changes at no cost, if you are unable to travel to the holiday home due to the Government imposing a travel ban. This is, of course, subject to the house being available for your new dates. If there are any extra costs due to nightly rental being higher from a Seasonal rate change, then this will be invoiced in advance of your arrival.
5. We reserve the right to deduct any amount due in the respect of damage/breakages/loss/theft of any items and specifically any apparent misuse of linen and/or towels from your deposit, and refund the balance to you. You will be notified of any claims within 7 working days of your departure. If the claim amount exceeds the breakage deposit being held at the time of departure, then the extra amount will need to be paid by EFT to Luxury Coastal Escapes.
6. No parties, loud disturbances, or reckless behaviour will be tolerated during your stay at our homes. Should we receive complaints about disturbances, we reserve the right to evict you without a refund. If you depart later than the check-out time of 10 am, without having permission, you will be charged and held liable.
7. The holiday home may only be rented if a responsible, mature adult accompanies the group - i.e. no pupil or student groups allowed. LCE favours family bookings. These are family homes and will not be rented for party groups. Keys will only be handed over to a responsible adult.
8. The remaining balance of your rental is payable 60 days (2 months) prior to your arrival by way of bank transfer (EFT). Failure to make the final payment will result in the cancellation of your booking and forfeiture of your deposit. Kindly be aware that if you are transferring funds outside of South Africa, we will not be held liable for any bank charges or differences in currency fluctuations. If you need to pay from an International bank account, then please make Luxury Coastal Escapes aware of this. Please note LCE is not responsible for your bank charges, please accept these as your cost when making the payment online. If you are arriving or booking within the 60-day period, the full amount is due immediately to secure the booking.
9. If you reside outside the Republic of South Africa, and do not have a South African bank account, please advise us of this immediately so that we can have you sign our Credit Card Authorisation Form in lieu of paying a Breakage Deposit. Luxury Coastal Escapes does not refund any monies to International bank accounts.
10. There are strictly NO PETS ALLOWED on any of the properties unless with PRIOR permission from the Homeowner. If a pet is found in the property without permission, then we will request that it be removed immediately, and you could forfeit your deposit if the pet has done any damage or fumigation/extra cleaning is required to the home. If Guests cancel their booking or leave early due to the pet having to be removed there will be no refund for the remaining days.
11. There is strictly no smoking allowed in the homes and if you are found to be smoking inside then you could forfeit your deposit if the smoking has done any damage or fumigation/extra cleaning is required to the home. Please smoke in the designated areas or outside the home, using ashtrays for cigarette butts.
12. Please note that a maximum of two Guests per bedroom will be allowed, unless extra beds have been provided by the Homeowner. If your guest numbers increase at any point it is important that you notify Luxury Coastal Escapes. All enquiries are accepted on the information provided to the homeowner. Any changes to this need to be agreed upon by the homeowner. If more Guests are found to be staying in the Property during your stay than declared above, then they will be asked to leave immediately. If Guests cancel their booking or leave early due to the extra Guests having to be removed there will be no refund for the remaining days. Day visitors are allowed.
13. All homes will have a Housekeeping service 5 days a week, Monday to Friday 8 am until 2 pm unless otherwise specified. Housekeepers do not work weekends or public holidays unless arranged by prior booking and the extra cost is agreed and paid in advance. The Housekeepers are there to clean the house and a reasonable number of dishes as well as two FREE loads of washing per day for guests. Please note that any loads after that will be charged for washing and folding. We ask that Guests do their own ironing if an item requires it.
14. Please note that towels and linen are included in your stay. Towels will be changed every 3-4 day and linen once a week. Any extra linen or towels cleaned over and above this will be charged to the Guests account and taken off the breakage deposit.
15. While the Housekeepers are experienced we accept no liability for any damage they may cause to your property when providing personal services. If you have delicate or expensive clothing items, please advise the Housekeepers of this when requesting their services. The staff is key to a successful holiday and the efficient running of your holiday home, please treat them with the utmost respect at all times. We will not tolerate our staff being treated badly.
15.1) Parents will be responsible for any additional costs should children accidentally wet their beds, this will include the change of bedding and professional cleaning and sanitizing of the mattresses.
16. PLEASE NOTE Faulty television sets, air-conditioning units and other electrical appliances will be repaired as soon as reasonably possible, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm. (Except Public Holidays). No reductions or refunds in the price of the letting will be made or allowed as a result of such faults or any other problems that may arise. In some cases, air-conditioning along the coast will stop working unexpectedly, in the unlikely event that it does, the Home Owner reserves the right to substitute the air-cons with portable air-cons/fans (subject to availability) until such time the air-conditioning can be fixed. Please remember we are only agents and therefore the repair of any appliance has to be approved by the owner of the home before we can arrange repairs/replacements.
17. Luxury Coastal Escapes will be your main point of contact during the booking process and your stay. You will be contacted in advance of your arrival via email/WhatsApp to arrange your check-in time. LCE will ensure that you are given directions and house key information. At the end of your holiday, you will be sent a link to complete a 'Feedback & Deposit Refund Form' and this will also ask for your Bank Details to refund your Breakage Deposit. If you are departing early in the morning, please ensure the staff is paid for any overtime and/or laundry, and either leave the key with a staff member or speak with the team to arrange a place where to leave the key.
17.1) BOOKING ONLY RESERVATIONS: Luxury Coastal Escapes does not manage 'Booking Only' reservations. LCE will assist in securing your reservation, payment and paperwork, however, we will put you in direct contact with the homeowner thereafter. Once your reservations have been confirmed, the homeowner will be in touch via email/WhatsApp, they will personally hand over the keys to your holiday rental, and the homeowner will also be available during your stay until departure.
18. We accept no liability in the unfortunate event of injury or death of any person/Guest in the occupation of the rented premises. We also accept no liability for any thefts that occur during your occupation and Guests are responsible for insuring their own movables. Please contact us if at any stage you have concerns about the security. Any breaches of security should be reported to the police and the home security as soon as possible. Please ensure that the alarms (if any) are activated at night and when you are away from the premises.
19. Please remember that every home we offer as part of our carefully curated portfolio is unique and, crucially, someone lives there. This means that while guests will enjoy the space and comfort of a home while the owner is away, they must also respect it and that there will be certain areas that will remain off-limits to them. These areas will be pointed out or marked clearly, areas are normally drawers, certain cupboards, or entrances to certain areas, garages, and rooms.
20. If your holiday home includes the use of a golf cart please ensure that only members of my party with valid driving licenses will be allowed to drive the golf cart and that it will drive responsibly at all times whilst obeying estate and golf course rules.
PLEASE NOTE the golf cart is included in your nightly rental and if it breaks down during your holiday we will endeavour to have it repaired as soon as reasonably possible, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm. (Except Public Holidays). No replacement carts will be offered and no reductions or refunds in the price of the rental will be made or allowed as a result of such faults or any other problems that may arise.
21. For all holiday rentals in Peak Season holidays (December & January) you will be charged a ‘Turn around fee’ of R500 for a 2/3 bedroom, R750 for a 4 bedroom, and R1000 for a 5/6/7 bedroom house. This fee is a final cleaning fee on your day of departure which allows LCE or the Homeowner to ensure the house is turned around, cleaned, and ready for the next set of guests. This cost is invoiced at the same time as your final rental payment, which is due 60 days (2 months) before arrival.
22. Luxury Coastal Escapes advises all guests making a booking to ensure that they have appropriate TRAVEL INSURANCE to protect you and your family while you are travelling for your family holiday, business trip or short weekend away against life’s unexpected events. We suggest cover for protection in case of trip cancellation, curtailment, and especially if you have to cancel as a result of unforeseen circumstances.
AIRBNB PAYMENT & SECURITY DEPOSIT & CANCELLATIONS
Host-required security deposits are different from Airbnb-required security deposits in that no authorization hold will be placed. Guests will only be charged if a host requests to collect on their security deposit. Depending on what was damaged, the amount the host requests may or may not be the same as the security deposit.
If there’s an issue during/after your stay, for either Airbnb-required or host-required deposits, the claims process will work the same. A host can report an incident and submit a request for some or all of the security deposit within 14 days of check-out or before a new guest checks in—whichever is earlier.
Read more about Airbnb security deposit: https://www.airbnb.co.za/help/article/352/what-happens-if-a-host-wants-to-collect-on-their-security-deposit
When am I charged for a reservation?
Once the host accepts your request, or if you book a reservation with Instant Book, your payment method will be charged as soon as your reservation is confirmed (except any security deposits). If you choose a payment plan, you’ll pay a portion of the total when your reservation is confirmed, and the remaining balance will be automatically charged on the date(s) listed at checkout. Whether the reservation is two days or two months away, we hold the payment until 24 hours after check-in before giving it to the host. This gives both you and your host some added time to make sure that everything is as expected.
To check when you’ll be charged for upcoming payments after your receipt is issued:
1. Go to Trips and select the trip you want to check
2. Under What you’ve booked, click your reservation
3. Under Payment info, click Get receipts
4. Under Your payment details, go to Scheduled payments
If an Airbnb-required security deposit applies to your reservation and your booking is confirmed, an authorization hold for the deposit amount will be placed on your payment method 48 hours before your reservation begins. You won’t be charged, but the hold means that you won’t be able to access these funds until the hold is released. Your reservation will be subject to cancellation if we're unable to place an authorization hold on your payment method, so it’s important to make sure your payment method is valid and has sufficient funds. If it turns out we can’t authorize the hold for the security deposit amount, you’ll be notified by email and will have 12 hours to try another payment method. If that doesn’t work out, we’ll cancel your reservation and you’ll be refunded. As long as no property damage occurs during your stay, we’ll release the hold on your card after you check out. That will happen up to 14 days after check-out
Full refund for cancellation made within 48 hours of booking, if the check-in date is at least 14 days away.
50% refund for the cancellations made at least 7 days before check-in.
No refunds for cancellations made within 7 days of check-in.
HOUSEKEEPING, LAUNDRY, STAFF OVERTIME & COSTS
Housekeeping is included Monday until Friday from 8:00 - 14:00 daily - unless otherwise stated.
Weekends and Public Holidays are an extra and optional PER staff member, per shift:
Saturdays and Sundays: R390.00 per day, from 8:00 - 14:00
Public Holidays: R440.00 per day, from 8:00 - 14:00
Any staff that requires to work after 14:00, overtime will be charged at the following PER staff member, per hour:
Overtime at R90 per hour, for first 3 hours (from 14:00 until 17:00)
R160 per hour after 17:00
All work shifts will include tea / meal breaks. Housekeepers, House-staff or Gardeners do not work on Easter or Christmas Day.
According to the legislation, domestic workers should work no more than 45 hours a week, and should not work more than nine hours a day if they work a five-day week, or more than eight hours a day if they work for more than five days a week.
Two FREE Loads of laundry per day - washing and folding is included Monday until Friday (Staff are not permitted to iron)
Please supply your own laundry washing detergent - powder/liquid & fabric softener for your personal washing.
Swimming & Bath towels will be washed every 3-4 days.
For any extra loads of washing and folding R90.00 per load.
If guests need to iron an item, an iron and ironing board will be available unless you come to some sort of arrangement with the housekeeper to do ironing at an extra cost. This will be at your own risk!
Bed linen will be changed once a week (including in rental)
Any additional changes or if you get visitors sleeping over, the extra linen change will be charged as an extra R170.00 per bed for washing and ironing.
Children that accidentally get sick/wet their beds will also be charged R170.00 for linen change and the mattresses will be professionally cleaned and sanitised after your departure. This will be deducted from the holding breakage deposit.
Any additional fees (overtime, additional laundry, tips etc.) must be noted in the Staff Forms and need to be paid directly to each staff member in cash. Should you fail to pay in full, this will be deducted from your holding breakage deposit.
All the above rates will be noted on a STAFF SHEET where all Staff members to keep track of overtime and laundry costs.
This will be available for you throughout your stay, and to sign before your departure date.
Regretfully our staff are unable to babysit, wash cars, do shopping or anything besides their designated duties.
ADDITIONAL HOUSEKEEPING COSTS BREAKDOWN
R390 per day for additional weekend shifts on Saturday and/or Sunday from 8:00 until 14:00
R440 per day for public Holidays shifts from 8:00 until 14:00
R 90 per hour overtime after 14:00 until 17:00
R170 per hour overtime after 17:00
R170 Extra bed change
R 90 Extra laundry per load, washing and folding
IMPORTANT ARRIVAL INFORMATION
Check-in will only be available from 14:00 onward - No early arrival will be accommodated. Please note that we do not offer storage for early arrivals or bag drops prior to check-in. Check-out strictly before or at 10:00 am.
We will ensure that the house is clean & ready for your arrival.
The following will be supplied and is included in your rental to ensure your arrival is comfortable:
Toilet paper, sunlight liquid, rubbish bags and basic cleaning equipment will be supplied during your stay, however, we do ask that guests supply their own washing powder and fabric softener for personal items.
As you know most of South Africa is experiencing power cuts, loadshedding. We advise keeping up to date with the changing schedule of Eskom and please download Eskom se Push App for loadshedding notifications. https://sepush.co.za
Faulty electrical appliances will be repaired as soon as possible. No reductions or refunds in the price of the letting will be made or allowed as a result of such faults or any other problems that may arise. This also applies to Golf Carts, we will do our best to get them repaired however we cannot guarantee a replacement as all carts are usually fully booked during peak season holidays.
The Home Owners like to leave most of their things in the house for you to use. We ask you to read through the house listing on the Luxury Coastal Escapes website and familiarise yourself with the home and what will be available to you.
Please remember that this is a SELF CATERING family home, it is not perfect but it is very precious to its Owners, please look after it as if it were your own home. The Home Owners like to leave most of their things in the house for you to use.
We ask that if you break it, please list it on the Breakage Form and if you finish it, that you replace it.
Please respect the privacy of owners in regards to any locked cupboards/doors or items marked “private".