Welcome to Star Dam Estate, one of the newest gems in the crown of the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands. Discretely tucked away in a quiet corner of the Dargle Valley, in close proximity to the iconic Inhlosane hill, Star Dam Estate offers guests a choice of three luxuriously appointed, self-catering lodges. Each lodge offers a sense of privacy, exclusivity and creature comforts with spectacular views over a unique, star-shaped dam. All lodges boast a private jetty facilitating access to the water so why not hire one of our fishing boats for the day or bring your canoe or ski along. Escape from the world and enjoy our sanctuary at Star Dam Estate.
The imaginatively styled Waterford Lodge is open-plan living at its best. The easy flow between kitchen, lounge, dining room and deck ensures that in spite of the ample-sized rooms, guests still feel connected to one another. The living area of the main house is flanked by two double bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom offering both bath and shower. For maximum privacy whilst still offering spectacular views of the dam, a third en-suite bedroom is situated on a raised platform between the main house and adjacent dormitory wing. The self-contained dormitory unit specially created for kids and teens, includes two rooms with 3 –single beds in each room (6 beds in total), two bathrooms, a kids’ lounge and eating area, making this the ideal choice for a fun family getaway. Extra mattresses available upon request. In true South African fashion this home includes a fantastic braai and entertainment area overlooking the dam and the heated plunge pool on the deck is so effective that it can be enjoyed right through Winter! Waterford is equipped with free WiFi and DSTV.
Stoneford Lodge is a style sensation that will leave you wanting for nothing. The main house includes an open plan kitchen, lounge and dining room and a front deck area that runs the full length of the house and completely opens up to take advantage of the stunning views of the dam. On either side of the main living area, you will find a luxurious double room with en-suite bathroom offering both bath and shower. A separate guest cottage offers an additional bedroom, with a king size bed, en-suite shower and toilet. And to make this an even more fun option for kids and teens, Stoneford has a double-storey dormitory wing consisting of a lounge, eating area and two bathrooms downstairs, and an open-plan sleeping area with 8 single beds upstairs. The house is equipped with complementary WiFi but no TV.
One of the first things you’ll notice when stepping inside Safire Lodge are the generous proportions and seamless indoor-outdoor flow allowing guests to drink in the views from every room. This unit boasts four stylishly appointed en-suite bedrooms, two with king size beds and two with twin beds. A spacious and well-equipped kitchen, open-plan dining room, fireside snug lounge, TV lounge (DSTV included), expansive wooden deck and Guest WiFi offer all the modern conveniences you need to enjoy your stay in the country.
Features & Facilities at Star Dam Estate
· Horse riding: With 8 well-schooled horses and an abundance of scenic trails, our guide, Elliot will take you on a guided tour of Inhlosane Farm. R 200 per person for a 90-minute ride.
· Mountain biking: If you are an MTB enthusiast, your location at Star Dam Estate places you firmly in the heartland of some stunning riding territory.
· Fishing / boating: For those who enjoy being on the water, there are three fishing boats fitted with sneaker motors available for hire. Perfect for fly fishing or as a fun way to explore the dam and get a different perspective on the estate. Rates range from R200 (4-person boat) – R250 per day (6 person boat). Please bring your own rods.
· The Dargle can get pretty chilly in Winter and all units are therefore equipped with gas heaters and fireplaces.
· All units are serviced daily.
The nearest airport is Pietermaritzburg Airport, 73 km from the lodge.
WiFi signal is not great, so come with the intention to relax & unwind